Fear is a terrifying emotion that makes people do things they never planned to do, causing them to withdraw, retreat or surrender.
One of the ways fear becomes so real to you in your marriage is by showing you the patterns of separation, abuse, trauma, betrayal, and disappointment that occurred, either in your lineage or your spouse’s lineage. The more you begin to meditate on this, the more you react and cause those same things to begin to manifest.
They say that fear is false evidence appearing real. This means in your marriage, there are going to be times when the enemy will put fear in you about your spouse. He would try to get you more paranoid, very suspicious, and afraid of what may happen.
He can start by reminding you of the failures of your spouse so that you would always assume that they would do it again.
If you want to overcome fear, you need to understand the truth of the Word of God. There is truth and there are false lies that the enemy tries to whisper. The enemy has a way of lying into your ears, whispering lies into your mind, thereby keeping you in a position where you never rise, where you continue to merry go round, and run in cycles. What if this happens? What if he/she does this again? What if that happens again, and before you know it, you will end up living your life in bondage for so many years to come. Even when you see a manifestation occurring, counter it immediately in prayer not by nagging over it. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in pulling down strongholds and arguments. 2 Corinthians 10: 3-6
So here are fourteen scriptures you can use to tackle fear if you’re currently struggling with it in your marriage.
- For God did not give us a spirit of timidity or cowardice or fear, but [He has given us a spirit] of power and love and of sound judgment and personal discipline [abilities that result in a calm, well-balanced mind and self-control].
2 Timothy 1:7 AMP
2. Don’t worry about anything, but pray about everything. With thankful hearts offer up your prayers and requests to God. Then, because you belong to Christ Jesus, God will bless you with the peace that no one can completely understand. And this peace will control the way you think and feel.
Philippians 4:6 – 7 CEV
3. A real love for others will chase those worries away. The thought of being punished is what makes us afraid. It shows we have not learned to love.
1 John 4:18 CEV
4. but even when I am afraid, I keep on trusting you.
Psalms 56:3 CEV
5. Listen to my testimony: I cried to God in my distress and he answered me. He freed me from all my fears!
Psalms 34:4 TPT
6. Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
Isa 41:10 KJV
7. The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
Prov. 1:7 MSB
8. Be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid of them! The LORD your God will go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor forsake you.”
Deut. 31:6 NLT
9. Even when I walk through the dark valley of death, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me.
Ps 23:4 NLT
10. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
Matt. 6:34 NIV
11. The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?
Ps. 118:6 NIV
12. What shall we then say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?
Rom 8:31 KJV
13. The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
Ps. 27:1 KJV
14. The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the LORD shall be safe.
Pro 29:25 KJV
Remember, all the evidence you’ve been seeing in your spouse or your marriage might not necessarily be all that it is. So allow the word of God to bring out the light so that you can see the truth and cancel the plans of the enemies.
Wish you safe.